The Claire Wand Fund is a trust established to provide scholarships and grants for research and the further education of doctors working in general practice.
Who Can Apply?
Medical Practitioners working in general practice.
Projects Awarded Grants Include:
- Research for dissertations leading to a higher degree.
- Research projects initiated by General Practitioners, with ethical committee approval and appropriate support and indemnity.
- Course fees where the course will lead to the development of new clinical services within the applicants practice.
- Travel for the study of general practise in different cultures.
Applicants For Grants May Include Costs Towards:
- Statistical support.
- Computer software.
- Stationary and postage costs.
- Necessary economical travel.
- Indemnity insurance for the project.
- Conference fees where the outcome of a study supported by the fund is to be presented.
Successful applicants are required to write a report for the Trustees on the outcome of the study or project, or on how any education undertaken has affected practice.